Thursday, October 22, 2009

"there are no more families" in Samoan



in the pics: two kids from one of my Samoan families; Samoan siva, with the fire! dancing that I like

10/6
...checking my email..hotmail..I see an ad for mypyramid.gov in SPANISH. wow..that's impressive. something is changing. this is the first time I've seen an ad on the internet in spanish. Granted since I"ve been in SAmoa i haven't really been on the internet all that much.

I guess you can tell which software is popular on Cnet...zone alarm has 46.4 million downloads. That's A LOT.

I guess it's a good thing to get at least one email contact person before you leave country. I checked my email--i had 150 emails. After scanning them I saw there were many related to the tsunami...asking if anyone had information about such and such village. A volunteer in country already texted me asking if anything happened in my villages. An RPCV wanted to know. sorry I didn't check my email more often...



10/3
“there are no more families” that was a quote I heard on the TV I think. When I sit and think about that, it’s pretty sad. No more FAMILIES. A tsunami can do that to people of samoa. I guess the tsunami doesn’t discriminate. If you are in its way, you will get wet. I heard one family has 13 dead. A woman has lost her three children. There will be sadness for a long time. They are in my prayers.

God thought: “my grace is sufficient for you.” I think I read that in a book called “the shack” I thought it was a really good book. I read it twice.

“everyone has a story” a line from the movie “Reign on me” interesting. Not your normal action.shoot.punch.kick.kill.bang.bang movie I see a lot of in samoa.

“by accepting all of who you are you will be free” a line from Cat woman. Nice movie if you like tight leather and lots of cats. Halley Barry is good looking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home