Saturday, November 29, 2008

final exam's no love for bonus questions






in the pics...
MatthewOnosaiLemau: ahhhh fun times at a staff BBQ. Yummy chicken.
Nofoaiga: a rare picture of a teacher smiling. They don’t smile when I take their picture.
Onosaifualaulapoa: more pics at the staff BBQ. The teacher in the middle is sporting his tattoo that men get when they attain matai status.


10/27
(National Geographic May 1993) Article about Mongolian herders in the high lands. “the transition to a market economy was going to pinch, the nomads were learning. “but I am a Mongol, so if our government now says we need to change to have a better life, then perhaps we do.”
“to be honest, I don’t understand how a market economy will work. I’ve never sold my livestock privately and don’t know where I would do this. Who would buy my cashmere? I can’t go to America to sell it.”
“it will take time to educate the herders about managing and marketing,” said Puravodorj, the local district chief. “but it must happen. A free market economy is our only heop for security and prosperity.”
The nomads who talk make it sound like there is nothing better than living under the communist regime.
It’s interesting to read about nomads, this time with pics. I read a book a few months ago about nomads and different explorers’ experiences with them. It sounds very interesting. A good adventure. Just what I like.

Also in this issue, an article about Central Park in NY. I’ve been there a few times, but this article made me want to go back and take a closer look. I wonder if Wildman (the nature teacher) is still doing his thing.



10/25
Next week are final exams. I am looking at reflections I wrote down after the midterm practical (the part on the computer), which was a little rough, but it was a first, so room for improvement. “the practical was hard for yr 9,10. yr11 did not study paint, don’t put it on the test. There were some steps to complete that were not listed on the marking paper. It’s almost like I need to record a macro not to miss a step. I use a computer so much and so fast I don’t even think about some of the clicks of the mouse. The mind of the beginner. Yr9 needs more practice saving/reopening. More practice/repetition in general. I didn’t really test turning off the computer. Do I mark if a student can or cannot do the action? No task more than one point per click. NO BONUS QUESTIONS. (that really messed up the other teacher’s markings..)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home