Tuesday, September 11, 2007

info #7

Samoa is a tropical, humid, climate that has wet and dry seasons. I believe I will be arriving right when the wet season starts. Samoa also has a cyclone every 10 to 11 years. Maybe I’ll get some cyclone action. I wonder when the last cyclone hit…
“Samoa cyclone”
“there will be time for naps on weekends and if you like to look at the stars, a whole southern sky to discover.”
Welcome to samoa, a land of raw beauty and “intense traditional culture”.
Taking anything too seriously, yourself included, will only bring frustration so we have been laughing quite a lot.

“Village life is generally relaxed”. Let’s get some work mixed in with that fun shall we?

I get two days of vacation each month, so about 24 days each year. I hope to come home to the states at least once during Peace Corps. I may not get to both Oregon AND the east coast, but my mom is first priority. I also want my mom to come and visit me while I’m in Samoa.

Keep in mind also that what you bring probably will not make it back to the US, so don’t bring anything you would be heartbroken to lose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home