Friday, July 03, 2009

Big cheese has bike




in the pictures: a girl is making a "kauaga." Samoans use this for washing and making the yummy pe'epe'e (coconut cream).



2/19
It’s been a while huh?.it is hard for me to be around a drunk samoan. I usually just try to steer clear. They always want me to come and inu le vai malosi (drink the strong water). I can’t deal with those kind of mood swings. The happy, the not happy.

My mom asks: “are the samoans ready for computers?”
That’s a good question.

Fixing my bike. The rear shifter is loose I think. I ride it pretty hard up and down the mountain. I need to get needle nose pliers to pull the shifting cable.


2/6
Ok….so this is a LONG time ago. But here are some thoughts from feb09.
More fun and frustrations today. I fixed two computers, then I lost my key ring, which also had two flash drives on it. I think the vice principal has it, but he likes to play many jokes, so I don’t know if I’ll see them again.
A weird lesson of I’ll get things when I really need them, which is not part of my culture. Especially when they are MINE. I did get my keys back, after some pressure from my samoan father, who is also the BIG CHEESE in these parts.

Rugby culture…what can I say? A stadium full of wild people. All different colors; all different costumes. It’s interesting how the Wellington grand final compares to the Superbowl. SB on a much grander scale—at least with the fireworks and singing. But I have to give points to the rugby crowd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home