Saturday, April 19, 2008

feelings about samoa, hot flash

This just in today—4/19

A friend looked at my blog, and said “nice pictures, but how do you feel?”
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm..i guess PC has trained us just to observe, but there are some feelings:

Happy, when I hear the sound of the ocean, swim in the sea, and see the blanket of stars.
Exhilarated, when I zoom down the mountain road on my bike.
Annoyed, when my vice principal always makes jokes.
Irritated, at the VP’s daughter, a six year old who is very loud and “cheeky”
The constant not understanding of the teachers when they talk in the staff room…not sure what the word is for that.
Excited, that my classes (both the students’ and the teachers’ classes) seem to be progressing and I can keep their attention, but computers are cool to begin with.
I miss my mom and grandparents, but this is what I signed up to do, and all the pieces seem to be here to do the job—computers that work, students, and the teacher, and there’s interest too.
Sad, when I see or hear students get hit by teachers at school. it doesn’t promote the kind of learning that is needed.
Giddy, when I see a sweet sunset.
Compressed; my back feels compressed. I’m doing no where near the workout routine I did at home, no ultimate Frisbee, no lifting weights, no two hours of power yoga. People that have a power yoga studio nearby are very lucky. I am doing 50 pushups and some situps every morning after my walk. I’m also doing 20 minutes of yoga every night before I go to bed. It helps me sleep better.
Missing, the crisp chilly air on my skin. In samoa it’s all hot and at night a warm breeze blows off the ocean.
Annoyed, at my sensitive skin. I have rashes in parts of my body I wish I didn’t have rashes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Clamo88 said...

Hey Matt, was thinking about you and checked out your blog...very interesting. You have a good heart. Update: homiletics is the art of preaching -- nothing to do with homicide -- "homi" refers to "homo" as in "homo sapiens." How can you lose weight--you're skinny already! Do keep up the blogging and if you want to text someone with a query, you can text me, i have pretty good coverage that I don't fully use. email me and i'll send you the #.
Claire at murray learning . com

5:18 AM  
Blogger hulag said...

Hi there friend! I am a blog reader from the Philippines. I am happy to found your interesting site. It is really worth visiting.

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home