Wednesday, January 02, 2008

New Year's play Taboo with some "?"



pics: the FaoFao beach sign and the mountain we climbed.

Random things I collected. Vailima is the standard beer here..it's pretty good. + some shells and piece of tile I found on the floor. a marble was found in the sand.
Silhouette of a person at sunset...pretty pretty pretty



12/31/07
happy new year!
Tausaga fou se fiafia!

I went with a group of PCVs to visit another part of the island for new years, called Fao Fao village. The weather is very nice, sunny, hot, windy, about 85 degrees with the usual humidity. A shout out to Erin who organized the trip. Thank you! We stayed in beach fales that held 2 to 3 people. Gal and I were in a more enclosed fale, called “Nu’ulua” (two villages). It was beautiful.

We played a game called Taboo, with that lovely buzzer my grandpa loves so much. The girls were definitely up on the boys—they could get more words than the boys. I think the girls best was six and the boys best was 4 for one turn.

I saw a cockroach (mogamoga) scuttling along the floor tonight, and was reminded of what my Samoan Mother (Malu) said to me: “if you see a mogamoga in the evening, there will be rain the next day.”

I feel like I’m high maintenance now. I have to put all this cream on me to keep the rashes and cracking skin and mosquitoes, and sun burns away.

Niko let me borrow his prescription (which was almost an exact match to my prescription!) snorkel mask. Our beach had shallow coral scattered throughout it and I wanted to see it. I saw coral with bright blue tips, shiny little fish that flit from side to side in their formation, glowing blue star fish stuck to the coral and rocks. Mania!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home